Saturday 8 January 2011

Alternative sausage rolls for bizzy people....

Hello lovely people :0)

How are you all this fine, clear evening?
Hope this post finds you all fine and dandy, well over all the indulgance of Christmas, and raring to go on with all your crafty lives :0)

Now, I didn't know whether to blog this or not.
I thought that maybe, it might be a little basic, but then maybe (as well) you might like to try 'em.
And, children (most) love 'em.

This is our alternative to sausage rolls (we eat sausage rolls too, veggie ones though).
This is probably a very old idea, but i made it up (for us) when our youngest daughter was about 2, as she wouldn't eat bread!
I mean, have you ever met a child that wouldn't eat bread?
And can you picture how awkward that makes having a picnic ? lol

Anyway, I'll get on with it shall I?

Take 6 cooked sausages (we use veggie ones, but obviously any will work)
Then get 6 slices of sliced bread (uncut doesn't work)



Take your bread knife, and carefully cut all the crust edges off, leaving as much soft bread as you can..
Your left with a nice plump slice like this..



Then, take your rolling pin, and roll out the bread till it's as flat as you can roll it..

You'll find that you get a slightly thicker end where it won't roll properly..

Now, if you'r eusing hot, just cooked sausages, don't butter the bread, but it they're cold out the fridge, then you may need to spread a thin amount of butter on the slice...

Take some sauce of your choice (we use tomato ketchup)..
And dollop a bit on each end..


Get a sausage and place it on the flatter end (not the thick end)..



Next roll it all up, and ...

VOILA!

An alternative sausage roll!

Children love 'em (even older ones ;)  )
And they're excellent for packed lunches and cut in half for parties, even put a cocktail stick through  'em!

Just a note, if you cover the whole slice in sauce, the sausage slips out..lol
Have fun ;)

***
I'm still beavering away on my 'flower motif' motifs.
And I've been practicing those granny squares, with flowers poking out the top that are doing the rounds (not lol) know the ones I mean?

But they are SO fiddlely. Has anyone else found that?
Maybe I'll be able to show you what I mean in my next post as i forgot to take a photo.

Anyway, I'm off for a rare treat this evening...
Going to watch The Expendables on Box Office. (A Christmas present for when it came out :o)
I do love some action films, well, the older ones, or rather the ones with the older men in, you know, Sly, (didn't think much of Rambo though!) Arnie, Bruce and quite a late comer Jason Statham. (I do really like Jason Statham, but I think he's a bit short for me, now if only he were taller,..... and I was slimmer...LOL)

My OH thinks it's hilarious that there's a film with all my 'hero's' in!....AND I got excited about it when it came out...lol

Anyway, I can tell I'm rambling now, and I've got to list some buttons in my Etsy before we watch it!
Have a great weekend everyone.
Take care,
Speak soon,
Love Donna xxxxxxxxxxx

  

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete