Sunday 11 April 2010

Little owls...


Well, here's my second post -not so scary this time! I've played around with my blog/last post a bit since I wrote it, and I've discovered what 'gadgets' are (dohhh!), so I've added a couple of them -the easy ones, but it's a start :)

I just wanted to show you a couple of photos of some really cute owls that I picked up in the charity shop last week.
Oh dear, they've come out at the top again! (I'd really appreciate it if anyone can tell me how to put the photos in the middle of my writing?...)
Well, can anyone guess what they are?
They're salt & pepper shakers! Aren't they cute! And they were a bargain price, only 75p! I just couldn't resist! they've even got their original stoppers in the bottom!
If I can bear it, when I actually start listing in one of my shops (etsy, dawanda etc..) I shall put them in there.
Has anyone got any advice on all of the craft websites? There's quite a few to choose from, and I've got shops in them all (greedy I know, but I didn't want anyone to pinch my shop name! :))
-well, the ones I know of Etsy, Folksy, DaWanda, Misi, & Coriandr.
Etsy seems really professional to me - and theres already a few people on there selling the items I want to make and sell. I think you probably have to spend a lot of time on there promoting and getting well known. I mean once you are it would be worth all the hard work, but it's just getting the time isn't it ladies? :)
Anyway, I'm going to scoot off with out putting the other owl photos on, as I know thet'll just come out on top!
Have a good week : )


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your blog - It's looking good! - I'm too new to be offering any good advice, but Etsy seems to be the one people favour.
    Lovely to meet you - xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The owls are too cute- love their sparkly eyes :)

    There is probably a way to do it that is easier than the way I do, but what I do to get my photos/text situated the way I want is to upload all of the photos first, rearrange those by clicking and dragging, then do my writing. Your writing will go where you want it to go just by putting the cursor in the place you want to start. I always "preview" my post before publishing to see what it is going to look like.

    As far as selling goes, I only have experience with Etsy (and feeBay). I heart Etsy!! But yes, promotion is key- both on and off the site. It's a wonderful place to be, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou for Popping in to see me, and for your congratulations Maiseys Attic :)
    Thankyou for your advice Jennie, I'm going to try it on my post today and see what happens! :)
    I'm just so slow when it comes to computers!
    Have a great day everyone xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, love the owls! Usually if I click on my mouse where i want the pics to go, and then space down a couple of lines, then I upload the pic, it usuallly goes were I last clicked on the page, if that makes any sense! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay--post number two--and gadgets too! Wow--I think you're doing way better than I am. Terrific work--keep going.

    Owls can be quite darling--I went to a store today and saw the cutest doormat with a big owl on it, I paused, thought how cute, and had to move on. I am way too conservative to be an impulse shopper--I think I better lighten up a bit!

    Talk soon, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been looking at your jute crochet again & I'd like to give it a go - any tips ?
    I haven't been on etsy or folksy - I tend to buy straight from a Blogger via email if I like something they've made ( I expect I'd spend too long looking at the lovely things listed ! )

    You'll get to grips with Blogging - I keep it simple.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! You should definitely go to Japan if you've been fancying it! It would be so much fun for kids and it's super safe. Not half as expensive as people think either! We spent more in Sardinia in less time than we did in Japan!

    In answer to your photo question: If you do all your writing first, then upload all your photos at once, then just put your cursor wherever you want the pics to go in the text and select the photo you want. You can resize the pics, move them left right, centre etc. You can also add tags.

    Good luck with your blog, you'll get used to all the techy stuff in no time!

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete