Wednesday 5 May 2010

Over the forest....


...We go every morning and every afternoon (and sometimes in the middle of the day as my eldest daughter is part-time!). This is the New Forest, and I have to admit we probably have one of the nicest 'commutes' to school, even if it is 20 miles each way! (at least 80 miles a day, -sometimes 120!)
These are the sights that we meet every day, which in the spring time when the foals are out, and I have both girls in the car (my son's not too bothered) takes us a while to get past, because obviously we have to go extra slow to look at the 'latest' new foal to be born....
This little darling we have named 'Star' :) And he was the first one we have seen this year...He's a couple of weeks old now though.
They are darlings though, and so are the little cows!
Photos a little fuzzy as it was taken through my windscreen!
***
I got a single duvet cover out of my stash......
Can you guess what I've made with it?..


It was a beautiful old vintage one that had lovely bunches of roses on it ...

You know the type, lovely cottagy (is that a word?) roses, in beautiful cottagy colours...

With some lovely pale blue stripes to add interest when I had cut it up..



I have made a new bowl :)
About 8" diameter...




And about 2" high.

I've decided to start listing things I make in one of my many (see previous posts!)online shops. I'm going to try DaWanda, simply because it's free to list and money is tight at the moment what with moving.....

This is going to be the first item I list..then I'm going to add a few trivets and little bowls and I've got something up my sleeve as a signature piece....

Does anyone else have any signature pieces?

***

I still haven't finished my lavender pillows yet, so I'm afraid I can't show you them...I've been busy sorting me eldest out who now has a cracked rib.... During one of her seizures, she fell against the bath...That's the trouble with her Epilepsy we have absolutely no warning about her seizures, and she has really suffered some horrible injuries from them...Still, that's life eh?..

On the moving front, we have found a chalet bungalow that is beautiful, and it is already adapted for someone with disabilities, how about that??... I don't want to say too much in case I jinx it, but I'm going to keep praying (although I'm not religious, does that count?) and keep everything crossed...Can you as well please? :0)

We won't be able to move into it yet though, as there are still tenants in there, but we're hopeful...

Anyway, better go now to get the children to bed, then swith telly on to watch Aly's Edible Garden, and Cracking Antiques...One hour of my telly a week isn't bad is it?

Take care everyone...

Speak soon...x

5 comments:

  1. ooh how to turn a duvet cover into something very lovely ! So sorry to hear about the cracked rib -ouch ! It must be so scarey not knowing when an injury may occurr. Wishing you lots & lots of luck for your move xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you have made! How awful for you, but what a great attitude you have. The only experience I have of it all, is that my son had childhood epilepsy, which he has now grown out of, but it was scary while he did. I so hope you get that house! Good luck! suzie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a lovely blog, The horeses are so sweetm you are so lucky to see them everyday,

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fabulous to be able to take such an enjoyable drive every day. Those horses are beautiful especially the foal.

    A cracked rib sounds so painful! The poor girl having to go through so much pain. I hope you get that house, it's sounds really lovely and just perfect for your family. Some things are meant to be, I'll still hope for you though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bowl that you have made. I used to have a rug similar to that.

    I read your previous post about migraines. I too get them about once or twice a month now. I have started taking Viridian Feverfew Leaf Extract Vegicaps 3 times a day. It is said that it helps prevent migraines. I have been taking them for a week and no migraine so far...

    Warm wishes
    Isabelle x

    ReplyDelete