Thursday 19 August 2010

Bunting, blog design and pay it forward.....


Hello lovely people!
I had a lovely surprise sent to me today, but more about that later...
First, remember I told you it was my eldest daughters 15th Birthday last Sunday? No? Well, it was. And I finally got to do some crafty sewing! Yes, all these weeks without any craftiness at all, and Saturday afternoon I was in my element in the kitchen (!) with my sewing machine, iron, and ironing board -I try not to make a habit of using these last two items unless it's for crafty reasons!-
But, even if I say so myself, the skull bunting turned out just right for my daughter, and she was chuffed to bits!
The only thing I would have done differently was, I used muslin for the backing (as it was all I could find of black fabric in my stash), which slightly puckered in a couple of places. So obviously I should have used a light weight cotton.
Here's all the different fabrics I used for the bunting 'fronts'.
All with different elements that my daughters 'into' at the moment!

Here's me getting to work on the first one.


And here's the finished article.....

I used black cotton tape as opposed to bias binding for the ribbon, and this worked really well.
Anyway, it's something to decorate her new room with now it's been all decorated out for her!
~*~
Sorry if you regularly read my blog, and you have noticed I keep changing the design and the heading picture, I'm still learning, and for me it's a very BBIIIIIGGG learning curve! LOL.
~*~
On a more pleasing note... Look what I received this afternoon!

I was so excited when I received this in the post! Well, I mean, it's not often you get a parcel like this from Mr Postman is it, unless it's Christmas or your birthday!
I received it from this lovely lady http://ournewlifeinthecountry.blogspot.com
A few months back, I put my name in the hat for a Pay it Forward, and it was pulled out!
I couldn't believe it when Sue emailed me the other day to ask for my address!
And here it is. I thought I'd share it with you all as you're all so lovely and leave me such nice comments!
This was in the mauve wrapping paper that was beautifully done up with some lovely ribbon..



Look, I got given all this.... Doesn't it look scrummy..!



I got these beautiful Lavender Sachets -one to go in my drawers (the ones where you keep your clothes!), and one that is, at this moment hanging over the end of my curtain rail by my bed MMmmmm...



A beautiful handmade card with lovely patchwork fabric, and some lovely lavender bath salts in a little tin...




Some of Sue's (now mine) handmade lavender soap -which I can't stop smelling..

And, I'm delighted to say that I now have my very own Fairy Godmother which I could do with no end..... So I'm really hoping that if I wish hard enough, I'll get a few of my wishes that come true! Ok, ok, well maybe not a few, thast being greedy, but one or two 'll do!
Here's a closer look at the lovely handmade lavender heart that Sue gave me. This is the back..

And this is the front..

Now that I've received my first P I F, I will be giving away my first P I F in a few weeks when the children go back to school, as I'll have got more of my stash unpacked (hopefully) and I can get round to making a few things during the day. Especially now we only live 10minutes away from the schools instead of a 45mins journey!

~*~

That's it for now. You all take care, and help me pray for sunshine for the rest of the holidays! LOL.

~xxx~

P.s. I forgot to say, the teddy in my header is the first one I ever crocheted, and he is tiny! (I don't think I could make anymore -much to both my daughters disgust, because 1, I made him up and didn't write the recipe down, and 2, he was just ssooooo fiddley!) Just thought you might like to take a peep at him! Oh, and the ribbon and card are what Sue gave me. Bye X
















































3 comments:

  1. Love the teddy in the header! Susie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for leaving such lovely comments for me, sorry I've not managed to get back before now.

    I did have to laugh- "Saturday afternoon I was in my element in the kitchen (!) with my sewing machine, iron, and ironing board -I try not to make a habit of using these last two items unless it's for crafty reasons!" was the EXACT same thing I was also doing on Saturday afternoon!
    I bet your daughter absolutely loved her bunting.

    Have a really good week- still pouring with rain here, but I'm determined to go for a ride this afternoon otherwise it'll be non-stop work without a break :(
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fellow Donna, having a nosey at your blog following your comment on mine. Lots of interesting projects. I love the bunting, it's amazing. I bet your daughter was thrilled with it. And what a lovely package to receive.

    ReplyDelete