Thursday 12 August 2010

All moved....

But still lots of unpacking to go!
Hello everyone! How are you all?
Well, I'm pleased to say we're getting used to our new home now. Unfortunately, all my craft stash is still packed away, so I haven't been doing any crafting, crocheting or anything crafty at all lately.... I have been doing loads of cleaning though!
I've been getting serious withdrawel symptoms from crafting. The trouble is with the three children on school holidays at the moment as well, the only thing I have time to do is really some cleaning and looking after them.
You'd think that as they get older they would look after themselves a bit more now wouldn't you? Well, as I'm finding out, they don't! LOL
I'm sure life was a lot easier when I had 3 children under four running (and crawling) around, than now having two teenagers and an eleven year old.
My eldest is 15years on Sunday! Goodness, doesn't time fly...
We have a much smaller garden here than at our old house, but here the garden is nicer. We've also inherited an apple tree which is absolutely bursting with apples at the moment...
I got the children to pick up a few windfalls the other day, and as we made a tart, I thought that I would take pictures of the first one in our new bungalow.....and with our 'new' apple tree.
Have no idea what type of apple they are. But I do know that they're eaters and not cookers. Does anyone know how you can find out what stock they are?


This is where they fell from....
These are some ('mouldy ones' as my thirteen year old son calls bruised apples)
apples that we put in the tart.
This is using cheats ready frozen shortcrust pastry....


LOL! I don't know how to get pictures off my blog yet (big learning curve for me this 'blogging lark') so if I accidently repeat a picture, or put it in the wrong order, I just have to leave it at the moment, so bear with me for a while....




pastry all rolled out...

A small amount of brown sugar, and a lot of sprinkled cinnamon.... I love cinnamon, and the name cinnamon. Trouble is, there seems to be lots of Indian restaurants called 'Cinnamon', so you couldn't really use it for a business project, otherwise people will just think you own an Indian restaurant! (Not that theres anything wrong with that, it's just not very crafty of vintagey now is it?)



Add your cut up apple to the pastry, and gently heat some apricot jam..




And this is the end result ! LOL 'Cept this pic should be at the end and not here! So bear with me again as the rest of the pictures are after this one....




Heated apricot jam...




Jam spooned over the apples....More cinnamon added, and popped in the oven for about 20mins...






(Pretend that the photo of the tart with custard is below..)
MMMMmmmm... Yummy! LOL
Anyway, at least I got some photos on here, even if they're not of crafting (well not fabric or paper crafting anyway!)
I have got to get my sewing machine out on Saturday though, 'cos I've got to make some 'skeleton' bunting for my daughters Birthday..... (Yes, she is into things with skeletons on at the moment..)
So I'll let you all know how that goes, and hopefully I'll remember to take some before and after shots too!
It's so good to have the computer up and running though. I've missed looking at all your blogs so much over the past few weeks.
We've got a new computer too, so I'm having to try and remember all my favourite blogs. Which I've not finding that hard as I was such an addict...
Anyway, I think I'm chatting too much now, so I'm going to give you all a break and sign off.
Have a lovely weekend every one, and lets hope the sun shines again!
*~*




















6 comments:

  1. I was JUST thinking about you yesterday- I'm so glad to hear that your move went well and that you are enjoying your new home. How fortunate you are to have an apple tree, and how positively wonderful that you made a tart and took photos! I am highly impressed :)

    No idea how to tell the type of apple, but I do know how to change order of blog photos and get rid of them too. When in edit mode, highlight the photo by clicking on it and then drag it up or down to move. To delete a photo, highlight it by clicking on it, then hit delete! Voila! Welcome back- I have missed you~ xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you are settled now in your new home! I love having apple trees, I would miss that if we moved. Happy birthday to your eldest on Sunday. I bet you are looking forward to getting your sewing machine out! Susie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie, I'ts lovely to hear from you! I can't get on your blog!! Everytime I click on to it, my internet explorer closes down, and won't open up again! It's driving me nuts. I've tried from all angles to get in, but to no avail!
    I'll have to try again later.
    Take care Susie. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. hiya- thanks for dropping by and leaving your comment- we all seem to be in baking mode. However you manage having just moved house- you must be heroic!

    There's sometimes an "apple day" I believe at Kingston Maurward Agricultural College (Dorchester) where experts identify the apples you bring along. They may have something about it on their website?
    It's certainly a good year for apples isn't it.

    Hope to meet up again, have a lovely weekend
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    Thank you for stopping by and leaving your lovely comment on my Blog. I think I shall be trying out that apple tart recipe. We have an 80 something year old apple tree in our garden and it has been laden with apples every year that we have lived here, I really must get in to baking mode. My Mum is staying next week and she always motivates me as she loves cooking on our AGA.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete