Wednesday 8 December 2010

Little cuties...

Hello lovely people.
How are you this cold winters evening?

I've finally 'opened' my Etsy shop. I've listed just four things in there at the moment. I've been slowly plodding on the computer these past few days, listing items on feeBay- for some extra Christmas pennies,- and Etsy with my handmade goodies.

I shall be listing more bits on Etsy after Christmas, but I think that's all I can manage for now :0)

I've also been busy crocheting and sewing. I've been crocheting little sparkly christmas wreaths to tie onto the bags of sweeties my children give their school friends. I've been making more little owlettes, and improving on the recipe!
And, I've been making items out of my stash of pillowcases, but I'll show and tell more about that after Christmas:0)

The Little Cuties in the title of my post are this pair..
 Aren't they just delightful?

Such a cute Mr & Mrs Christmas, snoozing in their armchairs after a hard nights Christmas Eve :0)
I just couldn't resist them. They're a salt and pepper set. Mrs Christmas has got a chip/hole (not the one where the salt comes out ;)  ) in her back, so I asked if I could possibly have a few pence off, they were £2.50, but the lady behind the till said how about 75p? I mean who was I to argue?
What a bargain. I just had to have them to look at!

Next, I've been planting up my Christmas hyacinths.

The dead looking things on top of the compost are actually dried rose petals, and in real life they actually look a gorgeous deep red colour. (I always dry any rose petals I can lay my hands on as I think they look so pretty in bowls -it makes the roses last longer ;)   )
They look very plain in this pot, so I'm going to do what Jo did a few days back, and add some pretties around the edge when I can.

I've also made an 'African flower' pot  holder. I found this potholder on someones blog while I was being nosey, and they said to look on Ravelry for the recipe. Which I did. NEVER again will I try and follow a recipe. This simple flower took me AAAAggggeeeesssss and ages to crochet, simply because I could tell parts weren't right, and had to keep frogging it and making it up as I went along. But, I started so I had to finish!
The middle bit is the African Flower. The rest is just plain Granny :) With a simple scalloped edge.

Anyway, I'd better love you and leave you for now as I've got so much to do atthe moment. I'll be back at the weekend with (hopefully) pictures of our tree and decorations.
I'm still working on my granny tree skirt as I speak (well, when blogger's loading the pictures.
It seems that the nearer we get to Christmas, the more I remember to make.
Oh, see, I just remembered two other photos I had to show you..



These are the two scarves I've made my girls for Christmas. The top one is a beautiful shimmery blue, nice and chunky.
The next one is the one I call 'calypso' in the neon colours. I shall be putting this one in my Etsy shop too.

These swirly scarves seem to be in all the shops at the moment, and I have to say I do think some of them look rather tatty for rather a lot of money! Or is that just me being grumpy?

Anyway, that really is it for now lovely people.
Do take care, and wrap up warm.
Speak soon,
Love Donna x

9 comments:

  1. Donna you are so clever being able to crochet like that, I would love to be able to knit properly but I can't follow a pattern very well!! I love your Cuties, who could resist them? Thank you for the mention. Keep warm.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna! Your little cuties are quite adorable indeed :) I love the way you write- I can just hear you speaking to me. Looking forward to seeing the tree and skirt ... xo J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna , thanks for your comment. Love your african flower doily/potholder. Patterns on the net are a bit hit and miss arn't they . You did a good job making it up !!
    Love your scarves too :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy. I love the blue scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comments on my blog.
    I love the wiggly scarves, must try that....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really have been busy and everything looks just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by my blog again, Donna. I appreciate you taking the time to read my post. Good for you for getting onto Etsy! Keep listing and keep crocheting, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow you have been busy ! I know what you mean about the shop scarves - not that I can knit or crochet but one of my fav scarves was made by a friend.
    Thanks for popping by - Hubby has taken Jess out to buy him a drink now she's 18 !!! I'm having a quiet hour or so .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for your comment about my bag.
    I'll see how the bags go that I've already got on Folksy before I make one to sell, but it's an idea.

    ReplyDelete