Tuesday 14 December 2010

STOP RIGHT HERE..........

Yes.    STOP right here, don't scroll down...

Hang on....

Stay with me folks....

Here they come.....

SEE !!!

My very own snowflakes blowing across my blog!   LOL :0)

Oh well, they cheer me up anyway :0)
Took me aaaagges to work out how to add the hmtl and all that, 'cos they wouldn't copy and paste so I had to write it all down letter for letter.
Still, I did it !
Little things 'n' all that :)

Anyway back to something a bit more grown up.
How are all you lovely people? Hope this yacking finds you all fine and dandy.

Have you done all your shopping yet?  We've still got lloooaaddss to do!
Our lovely eldest daughter has been very poorly with her seizures. She's had that horrible cold going round, and when she gets a temperature it makes her fit even more than usual, so she's had to be off school bless her.  We're all a bit grumpy round here from lack of sleep, and the cold is doing it's rounds of the family. I've got it at the moment, so I can't talk much, but I can still yack on here though eh? :)
We're going to have to finish Christmas shopping next week when all the children are home for the holidays...sensible ....not!

I've managed to get a few decorations up, although we still haven't managed to go and get the REAL christmas tree yet...

A while back I got these gorgeous lights. They are quite old, but in perfect working condition.

We've never had outside lights before, so it's a real novelty for us :)
 I love the box they come in. It's got such a happy feel to it.
Yes, I know you can see a Christmas tree there in the hall, but that's the old one... with 'fibre optics'. It seemed a shame to just leave it in the loft, so being greedy, we put it up in the hall.

I've been busy making other snowflakes too..

I've been cutting out snowflakes and putting them up at the windows. These ones I put up with some mini vintage baubles.
If you do this, make sure that you hang them on a lovely piece of mohair yarn, as this holds each snowflake in place :)

I've also been bizzy with my hook...

Whipping up some pastel green and white granny stars for the dining room window.

In fact, i haven't been able to stop with my hook this past week. Any spare minute, out it comes. Trouble is, even though I've been hooking (!?! LOL not sure that's the right word...) at nights as well, I still don't seem to be able to finish all that I want to do.
I've still got my son's scarf to finish, my husbands hat to do (he probably won't wear it, but I couldn't think what else to hook him this year!) some stars for a friend, and i wanted to get more bit's done to fill my etsy shop...
OOooo... Etsy shop. That just reminds me. Did you see my little Etsy shop thingmajig at the top on the right? It's cute isn't it?  Well, I first saw it here at Victorias place , so I thought I'd have a look at them. They've got a few to choose from if you have a look too.  Just click on the link on my thingamijig.

Goodness me, this is the most I've chatted in about three days lol.

I've also been making these..


They're really cute little snowflakes aren't they? I got the recipe from Ravelry. I can't do the linking business to any recipes on there, but if you just type in Ravelry, and then snowflakes, these little beauties will pop up :)
They're dotted all around my house now.
And these..



(Which are a self taught recipe.)
Is'nt the yarn in these stars just gorgeous?
It was an extremely lucky charity shop find. 50p a ball, and I got four of them. It's chunky and shimmery and oh so gorgeous.
The second picture is much more like it :0)
I got some more bargain yarn there, but I'll show you that next time.

D'you know, I've been crocheting all these little ornaments, but it took me longer to cut out one paper snowflake than it did to crochet two!  I was doing the paper ones for about two hours! But I'm glad I did, 'cos they look all 'homemadie' d'you know what I mean?
And yes, I know i've got three children, but they were'nt the slightest bit interested in helping :(
I think I'm a bit young for them really :0)

Anyway, that's it on the chatting front really.
I'll leave you with a few pictures of what I was bagging up in cellophane and pretty wrap for the childrens friends at school.
Oh, and the pink minature flufffy tree of the girls.

Speak soon lovely people, and take care,
love Donna x
Mmmmmm, Yummy.... And NO, I haven't eaten one.......
YET ;0)

This ones supposed to be fibre optic too, 'cept the bulb went when we put it up, so i've got to get a new one before it can do it's shiny, flashy thing!

Bye lovelies...   x
.

7 comments:

  1. I love your little fluttering snowflakes, Donna! And the snowflakes you did from the ravelry recipe are gorgeous. It is indeed beginning to look a lot like Christmas around there. We just got back from getting our tree...this week we'll add the lights, and next weekend the ornies :)

    I'm sorry to hear about your eldest daughter, and about the cold going round. My Sophie has it at the moment as well, so she was home from school today too. I'm hoping that after this day of resting she'll be ready to head back tomorrow. Fingers crossed that everyone gets well soon~ xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your snowflakes fluttering about up there ^^. I would never figure out how to put them on.
    Seems like you're snowflake mad. I love the colour of the blue one.

    Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post showing all your lovely decorations including your floating snowflakes! I hope your daughter's condition calms and that you can all get some rest and feel back to norm soon!
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow--what a busy chick you are! I do love those beautiful snowflakes you have crocheted. Such perfect work! Also, thank you for mentioning me in your blog. What a surprise!!!

    Hugs from across the pond, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great minds indeed, all your snowflakes look beautiful Donna ♥
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely happy post. I love your paper snowflakes & I was thinking the very last star looks like it's knitted from sweet wrappers...then I saw the sweets .. are you sure you didn't eat a few then knit with the wrapper ? !

    Do you fancy meeting in the New Year - I live near the new forest too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Donna
    Hope you are all feeling better soon. Have a wonderful Christmas and New year.
    Love
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete