Wednesday 15 September 2010

I'm sulking..

Yes, really.
I'm sulking.
When we were moving, I packed away all my craft stash, 'cept some little bits I was working on. Since that time I have been unable to find my little size 4.5mm, green, aluminium crochet hook.
Don't you find it annoying when you have something that you want to use and can't find it?
Well, "No worries" I said to myself, I'll use my bamboo one.
Last night,
I BROKE IT!!
Can you believe it, I fell asleep while I was crocheting (I frequently do this as we have such disjointed sleep patterns in this family because of my eldest daughters epilepsy).
My lovely husband took the project I was working on off the bed, but he didn't realise I still had the hook in my hand, and I must of SNAPPED it!.
I woke up this morning and took it as a bad omen (like you do-or is that just me? LOL).
But I'm through the day, so it can't have been that bad an omen.
Unless it was a bad one for the week.....month.....year....LOL
Have a good week everyone.
Take care x

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, I HATE it when I can't get my hands on my favorite hook! I have others the same size, but somehow my favorites are the ones I love because of how they just feel right in my hand. I see things like that as bad omens, too, but hopefully, we're just a couple of gals who heard too many old wive's tales as children. Good luck finding your fave! xo J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I hope you get your hands on a hook soon. I'm terrible for putting things down and forgetting where I've put them. Plus, it doesn't help that I'm a very messy worker:) I hope it doesn't delay you from some crochet time for long.
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi donna, thanks for your comment on my France post. I hadn't really thought about the justness of it before, but you are right - those people will never be forgotten.

    I didn't realise but you live quite close to my little brother - he's in Portsmouth so we came to New Forest last time we visited. It's gorgeous round there. I loved the hairy ponies in the not a forest forest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep positive. Your hook will turn up when you least expect it. Just make sure you look where you know it definitely isn't!!! I usually find things like that! Ann x

    ReplyDelete