Monday 22 November 2010

Bizzy again...

Evening all :)
Hope you're all fine and dandy this cold November evening. Brrrrr.
I've been off Christmas shopping today. No, I didn't get much...  because a, I am not very technical (ok, ok, nuff said), and b, I ran out of time after all my questioning of the sales lad who was unlucky enough to come up to me and ask "Can I help you at all Madam?" LOL . At least he'll probably leave the next shopper who comes into his shop to browse in peace ;0)
****
I've been very busy here at home. (not sure why my writings gone all small, but hey ho, it's nearly Christmas, so we'll leave it shall we...)
BUT, I need your help. Yes, YOU!!

Now, I've been making my own banners for my Etsy/DaWanda/Folksy shop -still not sure which one to go with :) Maybe I should make it a New Years resolution  to make a DECISION!-
Yes, I did work it all out by myself with only a small bit of help from my son... ;)
The problem is, I just don't know what name to use for my shop, or my blog come to think of it.
I mean, I was all gung-ho for changing my blogs the other day -you know when I thought of Hooky Harry,- but I like Bizzydays (a thought of |Harry Hill the comedian came in there, you know when he does the fight bit...lol)
So, I'd like a bit of imput please (if anyones out there! LOL)
Please can you leave a comment with which name you think would be best.
I shall use the one with the most votes .....Yes, even if I only get one!
****

I've been making these...

I know you can't see the colours properly, but they are luminous yellow, green and orange.
Just plain at the moment, from simple treble crochet in the rounds.
See the skull and flame fabric?
Well......erm......I'm actually going to stitch some thin strips of these fabrics around the rims of the hats to make them more 'teenage' appealing.
I know this does sound dodgy, but I've got to try it, cos' it the type of thing my eldest daughter and her friend love, so I thought there must be more teenagers out there who will love them. So I'm popping them in my shop when they're done.
Obviously I'll show you first!
Yes, I know it's grungy, but honest to God, I didn't plan on having a grungy daughter, it just happened :0) 

***
Next up, I'm making some cute little owls for Christmas..

These ones are going to hang on my traditional tree.
D'you like 'em?
I think they're ugly in a way, but that's part of the cuteness....
****
Then, I've been (my writings changed again...I must be pressing something wrong...)
making these trees...


And I've been playing on the computer with the banners too.
Which I'll show you when you've ALL voted :)

Oh, and when I popped in on Clara, she'd given me this award..Thankyou Clara.
beautiful_blogger_award
I've never had one of these before, so I'm well chuffed.
Thankyou Clara.
Here's ten things that you don't yet know about me (if I can think of ten that is..)

  1. I am very much a loner, and I'm happy with my own company which my two beautiful girls can't yet understand. ( I don't mean the 'my own company' bit LOL)
  2. I listen to Harry Potter films when I'm in the kitchen on my sons portable DVD player. So now, I'm a bit of an expert on him!  (sad I know!)
  3. I would also love, love, love a dog (like my youngest daughter) .
  4. My hair is very curly, and it takes me aaaagggeess to straighten.
  5. My eldest daughter was breech delivery and I was so fit during my pregnancy that when I pushed her out (is this too gruesome for a fact? ...) the placenta came out straight after her feet (her feet were tucked over her head in the breech position) as my muscles were so strong..
  6. I haven't eaten any animal meat/products for 20years, and when my son buys a meat product for his lunch at school (the children have always been brought up on fish and veggies ) I have to hide my feeling of nausea.... (He's allowed to eat what he wants out of the house although he is quite sensible..)
  7. You know how long video recorders have been out? Well, we swapped ours a few months ago for a dvd recorder, I still couldn't work it......
  8. I have known my husband since I was four. We used to live next door to each other when we were very little, then he moved away... Then I met him again .... AAaawww
  9. I used to have a pet racing pigeon called snowy...-when I was 8yrs..- That used to stay on my head all the time, and peck corn from between my lips.
I was an Aunty the second I was born as my eldest sister had already had two children by that time

Anyway, it's a good job it was only ten, as I don't think I could think of 11!
Maybe that's why my girls can't understand why I'm happy in my 'own' company!

Anyway, nuff chatting. Don't you forget to leave a comment with either Bizzydays, or HookyHarry now.
Take it easy lovely people and have a great week.

Donna x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Donna, love your owls and Christmas trees. So cute!

    Regarding my yarn wreath: it's a straw form purchased from a chain craft shop just for about $3. Inexpensive. Just wrap yarn around it and go around and around and around!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well good on you with your fun facts...really enjoyed reading about you. I think I like the Bizzydays myself. Hooky Harry...well, I like the hooky reference but the Harry doesn't seem to suit somehow. I love the little owls. Can you point us to the pattern or did you make it yourself? Or,is it to be sold?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well go YOU, Donna on all of your bizzyness!! The hat idea with the edging sounds great- I'd like to see how they come out. Like Victoria, I love the owls and trees, too. And like Clara, I'm wondering about the pattern for these little feathered friends. If you made it yourself you should definitely sell it!!

    As for the name, I'm with Clara. Maybe it's because I first knew you as Bizzy Days, but the Hooky Harry part is lost on me. When I think it, I always wonder "who is harry".

    I LOVED reading all of your facts- it's so interesting to learn some new things about you. My hubby is gung ho on wanting to become a vegetarian, and I get bored to death of the things I cook for him. I'll need to pump you for some yummy recipes!!

    Can't wait to see your banner :))))
    xo J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erm.....I should have said....the Harry part is a shortening of my surname.....;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comments lovely ladies :)
    Yes, I made the owls myself, and am hoping to sell them -although I don't think it will be in time for my Christmas ones.
    I'm happy to try and share the recipe though...I've just got to write it out first..
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your little owls, they're so cute!

    ReplyDelete