Tuesday 9 November 2010

Meet my family.....

Well, goodness me, two blog posts in five days.
What's going on?.....

I'm trying to be more organised, that's what. LoL.

As you may or may not have seen when I've done my bloggy rounds, I'm starting a new blog.

Yes, I know that I don't even write in this one regularly, but when I start the Hooky Harry one, it's going to be purely about my makes. (well that's the idea anyway lol)

I shall also be listing in an etsy or folksy shop under Hooky-Harry.

This one I'm keeping for everyday (or in my case every month ! ) stuff.

I've probably just confused matters, but there you go.
As soon as I've got some decent sunshine in the days, I'm going to be taking photos, blogging, and listing my makes and goodies.
You never know, I might even get a post or two done before Christmas. :0)
***
Anyway, 'nuff of that.

Meet my lovely family ;0)

My 13 year old son is on the left, then my lovely husband (the big furry one :) ) then, my youngest (11yrs) daughter, then my eldest daughter (15yrs).
Aren't they lovely?
For size comparison, my husband is 6ft (I'm 5ft 2" ).

I was taking the photo, and also dressed up - as a furry rabbit! (I know that's not halloween 'e', but it's the only suit I've got, I used to do runs for charity in it, so I knew I'd be quite warm on halloween! LOL)

We don't usually go out dressed like this, but on Halloween they have free entry to Monkey World if you are all dressed up, and we love going there anyway, but on Halloween it's extra fun 'cos all the monkeys,   gibbons and apes are so intrigued by all  the different outfits. They are so cute!
They particularly love my sons purple face mask!


This is a young woolly monkey looking at my son.
How cute is he?
*****

Oh, and I keep forgetting to show you this :

This is Tuna pie. And yes it has got purple mashed potato on the top!
I bought these potatoes called 'Purple Majesty' as I loved the colour of the outside, they were a gorgeous 'aubergine 'e' colour. I thought that they would be your usual creamy/white colour inside, but they weren't, they were purple.
So I thought ok, they'll probably go white when they're cooked, but no, to my utmost surprise, they stayed purple, so I dished up purple Tuna pie to everyone. (in the photo above, it's not cooked yet :))

My son thought I'd dyed the potato! He said "Mum, next time can we have normal colour potato as it kinda looks weird having purple potato on my plate" !
And there's me thinking the children would love the novelty of it!
(I think it was just me that liked that :0))
Still, I forget how old they are sometimes. I could have done with purple mash when they were being fussy toddlers LOL.
Oh, and in case your interested, (or have even read to this far without sleeping !) the mash was lovely.

Well, I hope you're all having a fabby week so far, lets hope for some sunshine soon :)

Take care everyone.

Love Donna x


3 comments:

  1. Okay, I think I will have to reserve my thoughts on your family according to the photo! Ha! Ha! Now you'll have to show us the real deal without the Halloween garb in tow. Looks like you had loads of fun. The new blog is going to be spectacular by the sounds of things. I'll be following your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, your posts always make me smile! Your family is beautiful, and monkey world sounds like a treat and a half! I'm excited to see how Hooky Harry comes along- I'm your first follower :)
    ps- love the purple potatoes- I'll have to look for them here. I could do without the tuna part, though, but that's just me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm 5' 1" and my husband is 6' 2". I can relate! Cute family picture!

    ReplyDelete