Thursday 25 November 2010

Etsy

Well evening lovely people :)
"What's happening?" I hear you say. Donna's posting on her blog twice in one week.
Yes, don't faint lovely people.
Yet again I ask for your help.
"Can't she do anything on her own?" I hear you say.
Well, No is the straight forward answer, I can't! LOL.

So what help do I want today?
It's about ETSY.

I've decided to open the shop on Etsy as opposed to DaWanda and Folksy.
The only trouble is, I'm nervous about doing it.
Yes, I know I'm a full grown woman (in more ways than one ;0) )with three children and a very patient husband...... but the thought of listing my few odd supplies, and my little crochet and fabric makes in such a humungous place full of gorgeous artists work such as this one and this one  makes my tummy do summersaults.

I'm also struggling a bit with knowing what to say about myself and my little shop.
I've made my first shop banner . (Yes I know, a miracle isn't it?).
This one will keep me going to begin with. A bit clunky I know, but still, it is all handmade isn't it?
Then I figured if I sell anything, next year I could get one made.

I mean, I list things on feebay sometimes, and I'm ok with that, but that's quite a bit different now isn't it?
I mean you haven't lined your work up against someone elses beautiful work have you?

Still, I suppose I've just got to 'take the bit between the teeth' as they say, and get on with it.
If any lovely people have any advice, it would be much appreciated.
(Even if you're not lovely, your advice would be appreciated LOL).
But I know you all are really. :0)
***
Changing the subject here.
Has anyone in England actually got any of the snow that they keep saying we're getting?
None here (south/south west by the coast) :(
I do love snow.

Take it easy everyone, and Happy Thanksgiving to JennieVictoria and Clara (I think to Clara? I may be showing my ignorance here, do you have Thabksgiving in Canada the same as the USA?
If you don't, still Happy Thanksgiving anyway! :0)

Have a great weekend everyone.
Love Donna x


No comments:

Post a Comment