Thursday 4 November 2010

It's been a while!.........

Well, hello lovely people.
I hope as I'm writing this you're all fine and dandy.

I've haven't posted for ages have I?
But, I have been up to loads and loads.

Thankyou for all your lovely comments and support from my previous post. It was so lovely of you all, and I do so appreciate them all :)

Now, what have I been up to?
Well, I've been bizzy, bizzy, bizzy making things..
I'm also trying hard to lose all the extra weight I've piled on over the past few years - stress I think, comfort eating!
No excuses, I've just been trying to move more and eat less, maybe I'll get there one day ;0)

Anyway, over to all my makes..

First up is a real granny shawl that I crocheted.
Just an easy granny stitch all the way through..
It's being modelled by me eldest daughter..
Notice the gorgeous, scrummy shawl pin to match my new hooks?
Oh, I forgot to tell you didn't I? I went back and got two more of those
scrummy, handmade wood hooks.....naughty me :)
Yes, my beautiful daughter is only 15yrs and she's already 3 inches taller than me :)
But I am only 5ft.2" !
***
We also had a guest staying with us for a few days...
Meet Charlie..
She is a very podgy guinea pig. We loved having her to stay.
***
I'm also half way through my Christmas tree skirt, but I have seen much nicer
patterns for them on Ravelry, so maybe I shouldn't have made up
my own one, and gone for a pattern to do a star one instead?
What do you think?
I mean, I haven't got very far have I? But can you see where I'm going with it?
****
I've also started making beanie hats and owls for christmas, but I forgot to photograph them, so I will show them next time:)
***
I've also started this round cushion cover..
I know they're dodgy colours (lol), but I just wanted to try out the pattern and that 'stripey sock' wool that you can now buy for 'knitters' :)
I'm just showing you all that I haven't been entirely lazy while I've not been posting :0)
Oh, and I've been making these sweet picture frames too..


I forgot to show you a close up of the aran yarn I used to make my shawl..
I just love the aubergine 'e', pinky colours of it.
AND, altogether it must have only cost me about £4.00 maximum to make.
(not including my gorgeous shawl pin which was £3.45, but worth every penny ;) )

Heres some eye candy just for you lovely bloggers
I was bought these for looking after Charlie.
They're lovely aren't they?


The pink rose below is for Jennie
That's because she has helped me so much with my blog, been so supportive AND I totally envy her style, imagination, artistic sense, and beautiful blog and business :0)
Thankyou Jennie.

I'm getting good at this 'linking to other blogs' lark aren't I?  LOL.

Anyway, I've got loads more things to tell you and pictures to show, but I think I've yacked enough for one day!
Be back again soon though :)

Have a lovely week bloggers.
Take care.

Donna  xxx



4 comments:

  1. Donna, that's it! You win for the sweetest person ever! Thank you so much for my pink rose-I couldn't believe what I was reading when I saw that bit. All of your projects are looking fantastic- I knew you weren't being lazy at all, but I will say I was a little worried about you. So glad it wasn't anything bad keeping you away :) I will be away myself for a little bit- off for a family vacation beginning tomorrow. I'm considering doing a post or two while I'm gone, but we'll see how I do with that. Anyhow- big, big hugs to you xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you really have been busy and everything looks fantastic. I really like the granny shawl a lot. I hope you have lovely weekend and thanks for your lovely comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh--Jennie is the best! She's my Etsy/blogging idol. She always has pearly words of wisdom, loads of encouragement, and funny comments. She certainly is a gem!

    Lovely job on all your projects. Wow--you've got a lot going on. Terrific! Stay well. Hope to hear from you again, Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able to crochet, I have had a go in the past but can't quite grasp it, perhaps I had better stick to the patchwork!! Your projects look fantastic.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete