Monday 29 November 2010

Vintage at the village hall...

Hello lovely people :0)

I had a rare treat today, I can tell ya..
I've been looking forward to this day for a long while:0)

I went here.
It's not often I get to go out during a school day, as I generally have to stay near abouts the school in case my eldest daughter has a big seizure.
But today I had it all planned out :)

There were some lovely people and goods there. It was really, really busy when I turned up, people were already in line waiting to go in, and at one point, I got so 'hemmed in' in front of one of the stalls, that  I literally couldn't move!

I think I asked nearly all the stallholders before I took photo's if I could do so, but there were several stall holders that I couldn't see for looking! (due to the customers!)

So here's just a few photos of all the goodies...

These two lovely dressed mannies greeted me as I came through the door.
I love the embroidery on this chair, it must have taken real patience to get this done!



The shoes below were made from card, and filled with sweets..


I thought these vintage pomanders looked so pretty all mixed together in the basket they were in...they really made me smile!





And this beautiful tea cup arrangement belonged to Miss Dolly's vintage tea parties!
What a fabulous idea!



This beautiful bottle cap jewellry was made by a lady called Joanne Jacobs


I 'dabbled' (I think would be the right word) in bottlecap jewellry a few years ago, and it really does take such a huge amount of patience, and obviously mine was nothing like as good as this ladies!



 Sorry if I haven't mentioned everyones name, but they are all on the vintage at the village blog if you want to go and have a look.

It was Elaines first vintage fair that she had organised, and I have to say I think she did an absolutely brilliant job!

Maybe I'll get around to selling at one next spring...you never know!

Have a great week everyone :)
Take care,
Donna x



5 comments:

  1. Thanks for taking us along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun!! I'm so glad you were able to get there and enjoy yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a surprise to see the embroidery chair. My husband made this around 1978, it was his first foray into sewing and we still have it as a footstool. It is worked in wool and I think the pattern came from a book somewhere along the line.
    Looks like you had a good day, love the little packets of material.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How I wish I could have been there, it looks wonderful. Sounds like you had a lovely time.
    Jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great piccies of the fair, it was an amazing day & I loved every minute of it!!! Lizzie xxx

    ReplyDelete